Total System Services, Inc.
Senior Java Developer - Application Development Team-95837
Every day, the people of TSYS® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are People-Centered Payments, and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — TSYS may be the right place for you.
NetSpend Corporation is seeking a Senior Java Software Developer - Application Development Team to design and develop proprietary software in a highly secure and a heavy transaction-based environment. We are looking for well-rounded developers who have a proven track record of delivering scalable and robust business applications. The ideal candidate must be capable of designing and developing new functionality as well as consistently producing on-going scheduled maintenance releases.
The developer will be part of an Agile team, developing proprietary software and technology to support our internal teams, external partners, and NetSpend cardholders. NetSpend processes millions of transactions every day using this technology. Our growth and profitability is directly tied to our ability to scale, adapt, and monitor this technology.
NetSpend offers a fun, personable atmosphere where creativity, ingenuity and talent are encouraged and rewarded.
· Deliver highly scalable and reliable business applications using J2EE technologies.
· Maintain a suite of existing applications by implementing new features and fixing critical bugs.
· Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process enhancements.
· Ensure that unit and system tests are automated and complete per quality assurance requirements.
· Optimize performance and scalability as necessary to meet business and financial goals of application and environment.
· Adhere to current documentation standards and produce necessary documentation for training and compliance.
· BS/MS in CS or equivalent preferred, or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of J2EE development experience for proprietary technologies in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong Java skills and object oriented design experience, including working knowledge of core libraries and design patterns.
· Significant development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
· Experience integrating with databases (preferably Oracle) and middle-tier application server architecture.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an interest in working in a collaborative team environment.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively.
· Experience with Toplink or Hibernate is a plus.
· Experience with agile development methodologies desired.
· Preferred experience with JBoss, Weblogic, JMX, rule engine, and SOA.
· Significant experience with automated test frameworks (Junit & WebUnit).
· Prefer working experience with 3rd party integrations.
· Working knowledge of current software security technologies (encryption, authentication, etc.), and their incorporation into software systems; experience with Atalla is a plus.
· Prefer experience in card processing and high-transaction processing environment.
· As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
JOB: IT - Applications
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-Texas-Austin
ORGANIZATION: NetSpend Corporation
JOB POSTING: Nov 16, 2016, 10:32:23 AM
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing
RECRUITER: LaVonne Sheets
Total System Services, Inc.
Website : http://www.tsys.com
The people of TSYS® believe we are part of something bigger. Each and every day, we have the opportunity to touch millions of people and businesses — both a tremendous honor and a huge responsibility. For each of life’s purchases, TSYS is behind the scenes making the process frictionless and safe.