IT Job Pro
We are looking for a Java Developer with Devops with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. Java developer roles and responsibilities include managing Java\/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
* Built the new APIs required for Transfers and Inventory Adjustment.
* Created Behavior Driven Tests for the Transfer Orchestrator API.
* Refactored the Transfer Orchestrator module to use the decorator pattern. It also now supports a fluent API.
* Provided estimates for the new Order Management System.
* Worked with the Warehouse Management Tech Support team to resolve the issue with the transmission of shipment data.
* Migrated queuing from Oracle Retail Integration Bus to Kafka for the new publisher and consumer.
* Researched rule engines and recommended the approach for the new Inventory adjustments API workflow.
* Attended the storyboarding session for the new Invoicing workflow that will speed up the Accounts Payable process.
* Provided knowledge transfer to support teams on the requirements for the new Cross Instance Transfer workflow.
* Helped the new developers get setup with their Behavior Driven Tests.
* Worked with the DevOps and Platform team to troubleshoot the issue of missing log data in the ElasticSearch cluster.
* Worked on a proof of concept implementation utilizing the Google Kubernetes Engine and Cloud Spanner Database.
* Updated hours spent working on various cards in JIRA and closed out your cards for the sprint.
* Provided the update on the status of the current sprint to Stakeholders based on the Sprint Burndown chart in JIRA.
* Conducted a brown bag session for the team on using Vagrant VMs as Dev Sandboxes.
Here are some other things you might do:
* Handle any bugs escalated by support and product management teams.
* Attend Incident Resolution Team calls as applies to incidents involving the Inventory Management team and participate in Root Cause Analysis and related share outs.
* Travel to our LA\/Chicago offices and\/or store locations for design sessions and product rollouts.
* Provide on-call support and utilize Pager Duty for creating and updating support schedules.
* Fill in on some basic support tasks if the team is shorthanded.